Chiropractic Pain Relief Treatment
Pain Relief Treatment
If you’ve never been to a chiropractor before, you may not fully understand what chiropractic is. All you’ve heard is that the doctor pushes or pulls on your neck or back and makes cracking noises–Doesn’t sound very appealing at all.
Fortunately, there is much more to Chiropractic than just cracking bones and that is why chiropractic is the most effective pain relief treatment available for most conditions.
A Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) is a Uniquely Trained Doctor.
Chiropractors are trained to examine and analyze the body just like your more familiar medical physician. Besides taking pulse, blood pressure, checking reflexes and so on, the DC is highly trained in performing an examination that encompasses the same skill level as other specialists you may be familiar with.
Imagine if you will, your doctor being trained to be a general doctor who can care for your general health, but also provides services of:
- Orthopedist (diagnosing and treating bones, joints and muscles)
- Neurologist (assessment of the brain and nerves)
- Radiologist (takes and interprets their own x-rays)
- Physical therapist (provides modalities of electricity, heat, cold, exercises, laser, braces)
- Nutritionist/dietician (provides analysis of diet and makes recommendations for supplementation and lifestyle changes)
- Personal trainer (analyzes your fitness level and provides an exercise program geared towards your needs).
Some chiropractors choose to work with a very broad scope and treat a wide variety of conditions, while others prefer to specialize and limit their practices to certain types of conditions. These doctors attend further training and education programs to specialize in certain areas just like medical physicians. Some of the more common chiropractic sub-specialties are:
- Family medicine
- Internal medicine
- Spinal trauma
- Sports Injuries
So if you are experiencing pain, it is important to identify which type of chiropractor is best suited to your problem. For example if you strain a knee in a pick up basketball game, you’ll need a chiropractor who treats extremities (arms, legs, hands, feet) not all chiropractors work outside the spinal column. If however you sprain a knee and are in competitive sports, you probably want to look for someone who specializes in trauma, like a chiropractic orthopedist or a chiropractic sports injury practitioner. Your best bet is to locate offices likely to treat your condition and make a few phone calls or look them up online.
Chiropractic Pain Relief Treatment in Orange, CA
Dr Barry Marks, DC has post-doctorate specialty training in orthopedics, whiplash and brain trauma, and disability and impairment rating. He cares for patients suffering from traumatic injuries caused by mainly automobile crashes, but also sports injuries and home accidents.
What Dr Marks provides:
- A thorough chiropractic, neurologic and orthopedic examination is performed and a course of treatment will be planned.
- Chiropractic spinal adjustments are the mainstay treatment to restore proper joint movement.
- Additional treatment will consist of various pain relieving therapy modalities such as heat and ice, different forms of electrical stimulation, ultrasound, cold laser, neurologic and rehabilitative exercises, and recommendations on lifestyle and nutritional supplements to help achieve safe and effective pain relief as quickly as possible.
- If your pain is related to a car accident injury, you will also receive invaluable information and guidance on how to proceed with an accident claim to ensure your rights are protected.
Doctors of Chiropractic are well trained partners in the health care field. Some prefer general practice while others specialize. Chiropractic has been heralded in research as a very safe and effective form of pain relief treatment. Choosing the right chiropractor for you depends on your condition. For pain relief of traumatic injuries from car accidents in Orange County, CA, you will find no doctor more experienced and/or as well trained in this field as Dr Barry Marks, DC.