Car Accident Neck Exercises Recommended by Dr Barry Marks Chiropractor Orange CA
Car Accident Neck Exercises Recommended by Car Accident Chiropractor Dr Barry Marks Orange CA .
Neck Exercises | 3 Best Car Accident Neck Exercises
1.) Neck Extensions
This exercise is to strengthen the muscles behind your neck. https://youtu.be/r2TefJSOW30
2.) Gravity Traction
This is to “mold” your neck to a natural curve and also stretch the muscles on the front of the neck https://youtu.be/oB06lPrnDtY
3.) Head Translation
Translation or sliding of the head on the neck stretches tight muscles to improve alignment https://youtu.be/spXpwbzdG_U
Neck Exercises Tips After a Car Accident:
After a car accident you need to be careful when you do neck exercises. Your neck can be re-injured fairly easily.
- Car accident neck exercises should be done daily.
- You should not do “neck roll” neck exercises. They can cause too much stress on your neck.
- Only move your neck in one direction at a time: front to back, side to side or turn left and right
- Apply heat before car accident neck exercises and ice after if you feel more pain
Lower Back Exercises After a Car Accident
Lower back exercises after car accident are important to rehabilitate your spine and relieve lower back pain. Proper exercises will minimize long-term problems from your injury and prevent relapse of your condition.
Lower Back Exercises | Exercises for Lower Back Pain Relief
1.) Child’s Pose https://youtu.be/s9MgdtxW-QQ
Stretches the middle and upper back
2.) Cat and Cow https://youtu.be/AYXBdfg7krY
Improves the hinge motion between the lower back and tailbone
3.) Pelvic Tilt https://youtu.be/m-YT0VvgWhU
Improves motion between back and tailbone, also strengthens abs/core
4. Ab Crunches https://youtu.be/G2IcaDdBXoI
Strengthens ab/core muscles
5. Planks https://youtu.be/c4hNUjEVrIs
Strengthens back and abs/core muscles