Even though neck pain is the number one complaint after a car accident, there are still many people who suffer both back and neck pain or just back pain after a car accident.
What causes low back pain after a car accident?
- Muscle strain
- Ligament sprain
- Facet joint damage
- Nerve irritation
- Disc herniation
What types of auto accidents cause lower back pain?
- Rear impact collision with moderate force
- Submarine impacts (car behind is low so goes under your bumper and causes your car to hop up in back on impact)
- Side impact collision
- Much larger striking vehicle than your vehicle
- Previous back injuries
- Pre-existing degenerative disc disease or arthritis in back
- Scoliosis of thoracic and/or lumbar spine
- Small body size
- Trailer hitch on your vehicle
What to do after a car accident back injury in Orange County
- Contact an Orange County car accident doctor for an evaluation
- Have a thorough lower back examination
- Get x-rays of your lower back
- If you have signs of nerve problems or a disc herniation, have an MRI ordered
- Begin lower back pain treatments–the sooner you begin treatment the better for your recovery and your case
Your Orange County, CA Car Accident Chiropractor to call is:
Dr Barry Marks Chiropractor
1745 W Orangewood Ave #114
Orange, CA 92868
Dr Marks is a specialist in car accident whiplash and brain trauma. He knows all the ins and outs of the personal injury field and will assist you with everything you need to file your claim and restore your health.
Dr Barry Marks, Chiropractor Orange CA specializing in car accident injury treatment and fast relief of headaches, neck and back pain since 1986. Former Associate Clinical Professor, Author and Lecturer to doctors and lawyers on whiplash, brain injury and MRI interpretation. Extensive post-doctorate specialty training in orthopedics, whiplash, brain injury, MRI, functional neurology.